JOB POSITION II (Posted: 05/07/2012)
Job Title: Programmer Analyst/Report Developer (Multiple Positions)
Programmer Analyst/Report Developer to provide support to Project Manager & Team Lead by
performing a wide range of project activities throughout all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SCLC), including but not limited to requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support.
Requires a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field plus related work experience.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, test and troubleshoot dashboards and reports built using Cognos development
environment, including but not limited to Cognos BI Suite, Cognos Connection, Cognos Portal,
Cognos Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio & Report Net, XML
Web Services, Oracle, and SQL Server Databases.
- Provide Business Intelligence (BI) expertise and solutions to business needs
- Create and develop new reports and dashboards
- Install, configure and secure Cognos software
- Administer, deploy and maintain models, reports, and cubes to all environments
- Setup new database connections and security procedures
- Assess new report requirements for feasibility and expected efforts
- Analyze source systems and business requirements needed for report development
- Prepare documentation including functional report specification an technical design documents
- Develop detailed process flows and ‘n’-tiered system diagrams using MS Visio or other UML
- Develop a variety of types of reports, including but not limited to List Reports, Cross Tab Reports and Charts.
- Prepare mockups/proof of concepts to prototype the reports to the product development team
- Participate in peer review and team meetings, and provide status updates
- Develop and optimize report queries for performance purposes
- Develop test scenarios, test cases, and test data to be used in testing based on business
- Document QA testing and defect tracking as required using HP/Mercury Quality Center and other
software test suites and bug tracking software
- Adhere to established change control management processes and procedures
- Adhere to assigned deliverable due dates to meet key milestones per Project Plan
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of methods and processes used in programming analysis activities
- Knowledge and skills in Tools/Technologies. Cognos BI Suite, Cognos Connection, Cognos Portal,
Cognos Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio & Report Net, XML Web Services, Oracle, and SQL Server Databases.
- Knowledge and skills in modern test methodologies.
- Well developed analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.